The unemployment rate stands at 3.5% in Sydney. It’s a common misconception that recruiting is a one-way street. However, you are not alone in the hiring process, and there are many ways to find the best candidates for your job openings and engage with them at each step along the way. With so many tools available today, it can be overwhelming to know what techniques are effective. Here are some modern recruitment tactics suggested by the best IT recruitment agency in Sydney that you may want to consider.
Focus on improving the candidate’s experience
The candidate’s experience is the most crucial aspect of your recruitment strategy. You want to ensure that candidates are engaged and feel in good hands, which will result in a higher success rate for your company. By improving the candidate experience, you can attract more people interested in working for your company.
- Be proactive: The best way to improve the candidate experience is to have a plan before you begin recruiting. Have someone from HR review resumes before hiring managers see them so there’s no potential for bias during this process (this person should also be involved with interviewing). Create an interview schedule with questions that all interviewers must ask during face-to-face meetings, but give them freedom within those parameters. Also, set aside time each day or week where recruiters focus solely on communicating with candidates through phone calls or email inquiries about their status within the hiring process. This shows candidates how serious you are about hiring them.
- Be transparent: Being honest about what you can offer candidates will show that they’re valued team members at every step along their journey toward becoming employed by your organisation (and maybe even after). This means giving feedback quickly when appropriate; letting go when necessary; offering career development opportunities; being upfront about compensation packages rather than waiting until after an offer has been made.
Have an onboarding plan in place before you recruit
Onboarding is how new employees become familiar with your company’s culture, products, and procedures. It’s essential to have an onboarding plan in place before you recruit since it helps ensure that new hires get off on the right foot and make meaningful contributions as soon as they start their jobs.
While some businesses are only beginning their onboarding processes, others have been able to figure out what works for them and how to ensure that each new hire feels welcome from day one. If you want your employees to feel like part of the team from day one, here are some tips for ensuring a smooth transition:
- Make sure there are clear guidelines about how things work at your company, so new hires know what is expected of them when they start working there. This includes information about office culture (such as dress code), benefits packages (including vacation time), work schedules (e.g., 9-5 or 8-4), etc. so that everyone’s on the same page.
Leverage employee networks for referrals
Employee referrals are the most effective way to hire because your employees already know the company culture and work environment. They also have insight into what it takes to succeed in a role since they shared that information with their friends while job searching. Hiring through employee networks has several benefits:
- It’s cost-effective because you’re using the existing talent at no additional cost.
- It saves time in the recruitment process, which is especially helpful for remote teams who don’t necessarily have access to the same resources as an office-based team.
- Your current employees will be invested in helping their friends succeed. This can be a powerful motivator for everyone involved.
Use video as a recruitment tool
Video is a great way to engage candidates. You can use videos for your job descriptions, ads, company videos, and website.
Videos are a tool that will make you stand out from other companies who aren’t using them, especially if you’re looking for candidates in an industry where there’s stiff competition for talent, like IT development. They’re also more compelling than just written content because they allow the viewer to understand better what it’s like working at the company and whether they’d enjoy being there.
The most important thing is to remember that these tips by the best IT recruitment agency in Sydney are here for you to use, but they won’t work unless you put in the effort and make them part of your strategy.